The Best Thank You Notes Ever

The month long residency program with South Elementary is over, and I couldn't be more proud of the entire school.  Every grade performed their special dance in two assemblies, and those kids were amazing.  It was incredible to see the focus and determination on their faces as they danced and the smiles when they were done.  I received a thank you note from the older students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade and wanted to share a few of their comments - they definitely brightened up my day.

  • "I'll never forget this day for the rest of my life"
  • "At the beginning of this unit I was thinking I wouldn't like it but then I was dancing my butt off.  I've never been happier in my life and I want to thank you for that."
  • "I wish you could stay longer...like six more weeks, or even more.  Ten, twenty, thirty, now I'm going too high."
  • "I loved dancing with you.  Swing was like riding a 65 mph rollercoaster.  Merengue was like eating a triple decker ice cream with chocolate topping.  I wish we could dance the rest of the year."
  • "Thank you for teaching me reggaeton.  I loved dancing with you even though some of the steps were hard."
  • "p.s. the isolations were awesome!"
  • "Thank you for being my teacher and helping me every time I screwed up."
  • "Before I didn't know how to dance but now I do.  And I love it."
  • "Dance rules!"
  • "I was practicing every day before the concert."
  • "The dance was awesome and cool.  I listen to reggaeton in my room on 712."
  • "You worked so hard and we will work hard for you at the concert."
  • "I loved the time you were dancing with Mr. Chris at the assembly.  I liked Mr. Chris. Mrs. Margot was really nice, too."
  • "I am going to be pretty upset when you leave.  I had fun.  I was hiding the fun, I do not know why, but I still had fun."
  • "In the future I want to learn more dances like tango.  I will never stop dancing.  Never."
  • "Thank you for teaching me two awesome dances.  They were swing and merengue.  At first I said I don't want to do this but then I said this is awesome."
  • "The swing dance was awesomer than going to Six Flags.  The merengue was awesomer than eating candy for the whole week!  Even though I don't think my mom will let me do that."
  • "My favorite dance was tango because it is so dramatic.  Thank you for teaching us how to dance different dances from different types of countries."
  • "It was really fun learning tango and merengue.  It was also fun where it came from and the story you told."
  • "Before I hated dancing now I love it."
  • "Life is good...but dance is serious!  Keep calm and love dancing."
  • "Thank you for playing so many games with us.  I loved the May I Have This Dance Game and Popcorn was fun, too."
  • "Thank you for teaching us merengue and tango.  It was so much fun, my eyes almost fell out."
  • "You helped me go out of my comfort zone.  I was scared of dancing and scared of dancing in front of people and you helped me be ready."

There are so much more, but these were definitely my favorites.  I wish I could share the drawings - some of them blew me away.  The self portraits were outstanding - they drew them so I would know who they were.  Such an incredible experience.  I really hope I get to do this again next year.

Thank you, South Elementary!  Teaching you was like riding the biggest rollercoaster, eating tons of cotton candy, and the best time of my life, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment