I asked each class to share something they have learned through our dance lessons. Here is some of what they had to say:
- "I learned that dances come from different cultures and traditions around the world."
- "I learned that you don't have to speak the same language to be able to dance together, like in Hispaniola where there are two countries that share a dance."
- "Some of the dances I thought would be really hard and only for adults, like waltz, were actually not too hard. We can dance them, too"
- "I learned about different rhythms and how it's important to stay slow if the step is slow."
- "I learned that some of today's music comes from long ago (like rock and roll starting as swing music)."
I am so proud of ALL of my students and wish I had a spot for all them on our team. But I know no one can take away the dances they've learned and the fun they've had over the past several weeks.